Target is relying on its store network to get online orders to shoppers faster than ever before.
In a blog on its website, Target gave an overview on some of the initiatives it has launched in recent months to make online shopping faster and easier in time for the holiday season. Here’s a recap:
• Target store associates will be using the company’s new myCheckout app, which enables an associate to search Target’s website for desired products, or specific styles and colors, that the customer can’t find in the store. Associates can also use the app to place orders for the customer, tender payment, and choose a delivery option.
• The discounter is also streamlining how online customers order their holiday essentials via its Target Restock program, which enables users to choose from “thousands” of items across the personal care, food, household and baby goods categories. Customers can fill a box with up to 45 lbs. of merchandise, and have items delivered the next day for a fee of $4.99. The program is currently available in in 11 major markets and smaller cities, including Athens, Georgia, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, and Santa Rosa, California, according to the discounter.
• Shoppers can also leverage Google Assistant on Google Home devices and dedicated smartphone, and use voice commands to shop Target’s online assortment on Google Express. Merchandise is shipped to customers in two days.
• Target will continue to offer its “order pickup” service, a program that enables shoppers to pickup online orders at a nearby store, with more than 95% of orders are ready in an hour. Starting on Black Friday, Target’s service will also enable customers to use the service to retrieve doorbuster deals ordered online. Nearly all doorbuster deals will qualify for the service.
• Target will continue leveraging its “Ship from Store” process, which enables stores to fulfill online orders by pulling product from store shelves and shipping merchandise directly to shoppers. Some 1,400 Target stores — more than 75% of all Target locations — will be fulfilling Target’s online orders this year.
• Target is also offering free holiday shipping on all online orders between Nov. 1 and Dec. 23.[“Source-chainstoreage”]