Julian Cadman: British boy confirmed as being among victims of Barcelona attack

Julian Cadman: British boy confirmed as being among victims of Barcelona attack

- in News
138
Comments Off on Julian Cadman: British boy confirmed as being among victims of Barcelona attack

Julian Cadman is believed to be the boy with dual British nationality who is missing

British boy Julian Cadman was among the 13 people killed in the Barcelona terror attack, it has been announced.

The seven-year-old, who had dual UK-Australian nationality, died after a van was deliberately crashed into pedestrians on Las Ramblas on Thursday.

He was separated from his mother, who was badly injured and she is said to be in a serious condition in hospital.

His relatives said: “Julian was a much loved and adored member of our family. As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us.

“He was so energetic, funny and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces. We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts.

Julian Cadman is missing following the Barcelona attack
Image:Julian’s family has paid tribute to the boy

“We would like to thank all those who helped us in searching for Julian. Your kindness was incredible during a difficult time.

“We also acknowledge we are not the only family to be affected by the events, our prayers and thoughts are with all people affected.”

The Spanish missing persons bureau had earlier confirmed his death.

In a statement, it said: “Julian Cadman’s family has told us he is unfortunately one of the victims of the attack and has asked us to thank all the people who have spread the news.

“In these very unjust, hard and painful moments, we accompany Julian’s family and friends. Rest in peace.”

Statement confirming death of Julian Cadman, 7, in Barcelona attack
Image:The statement released by the Spanish missing persons bureau about Julian

A Foreign Office spokesman said: “We are assisting the family of an Australian-British child who was killed in the Barcelona terrorist attack.

“His family have our deepest sympathies at this very difficult time. Our staff are doing all they can to support them, working with our Australian colleagues and the Spanish authorities.”

:: Who are the victims of Spain terror attack?

Following Thursday’s atrocity, it had been unclear what had happened to British-born Julian, who lived in Sydney.

His father and grandmother travelled to Spain from Australia following the attack.

And his grandfather Tony Cadman had urged people to share a photograph of Julian on Facebook as fears grew for his safety.

Source:-.sky